Captio has become one of my favorite apps for iOS.
It does one thing, and does it very well. Open Captio and start typing. Press send and the note is delivered to your inbox.
Why is Captio a great tool? Because using it, I have tamed my inbox with Gmail GTD. Now, I can capture ideas generated when I am on:
- bus rides
- long runs
- bike rides
- the bathroom
- in bed
and evaluate them when I am in productive mode, as opposed to worrying about remembering them in rest or exercise mode.
Bonus: Advanced Usage
For bonus productivity points, hook your Gmail filters up to emails from Captio to specially process
- captio emails prefixed with ‘work’ to be marked as read and forwarded to your work inbox.
- captio emails prefixed with ‘todo’ to be red-starred in your Gmail GTD workflow.
- captio emails prefixed with ‘kanban’ labeled with ‘kanban’ and archived.
- captio emails prefixed with ‘quotes’ labeled with ‘favorite quotes’ and added to a google spreadsheet.
- captio emails with photo attachments prefixed with ‘progress’ labeled with ‘workout progress‘ and added to a google spreadsheet.