iOS iPhone and iPad Tuning: Transfer iCloud backup to a new device.
Transferring an iCloud backup from one device to another allows you to transfer apps from one phone to another.
To transfer an iCloud backup from one device to another:
- Turn on the old device.
- Connect to Wi Fi
- Tap Settings > iCloud
- Make sure iCloud backup is on.
- Tap Backup Now.
- When the backup on device 1 has finished, turn on device 2.
- Restore your device.
- Back on your device, follow the setup wizard to:
- Connect to wifi.
- Sign into Device 2 with your apple ID from Device 1.
- When prompted by the setup wizard, choose ‘Restore from iCloud backup’.
- Stay connected to wifi until the restore process finishes.