Transferring an iCloud backup from one device to another allows you to transfer apps from one phone to another.
To transfer an iCloud backup from one device to another:
- Turn on the old device.
- Connect to Wi Fi
- Tap Settings > iCloud
- Make sure iCloud backup is on.
- Tap Backup Now.
- When the backup on device 1 has finished, turn on device 2.
- Restore your device.
- Back on your device, follow the setup wizard to:
- Connect to wifi.
- Sign into Device 2 with your apple ID from Device 1.
- When prompted by the setup wizard, choose ‘Restore from iCloud backup’.
- Stay connected to wifi until the restore process finishes.