Wikipedia is arguably a fundamental part of the web. Unfortunately, Wikipedia is slow to use. “Wikipedia is slow” is a top search on many major search engines.
Here area a few tips to fix issues when Wikipedia is slow:
- Make sure your internet connection is fast enough.
- Switch to a more recent browser version. I personally really like Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Delete your cookies, temporary internet files, and disable your browser plugins. There are a few different ways to do this for different web browsers, you may need to perform an internet search to find instructions for your web browser.
- You might Try going through this Wikipedia Slowness Checklist.
- If all else has failed, you could try loading Wikipedia on another device. Is it slow too? Try loading the site on LTE..
If you’re experiencing Wikipedia Slow Load Times, or if you’ve got any tips for increasing Wikipedia speediness, leave a message on twitter.