If facebook is slow for you, you are not alone: facebook is slow remains a consistent search term on google trends:
If, like many others, you are still having slowness problems on Facebook, here are some things you can try:
Check if your internet connection is slow ….
Your network connection may be the problem. Try:
- Switching to your 5GHz network, if your router supports it.
- Do a speed test — If your network speed is less than 2 Mbps, you may need to find another connection.
- You may need to switch to Facebook Mobile or Facebook Lite.
If your internet connection is not slow…
- Check to see if facebook is down right now.
- Delete your temporary internet files.
- Delete your cookies.
- Disable browser plugins.
- Switch to a modern browser, like Google Chrome. Or Opera.
- Try disabling flash.
- Disable anti-virus software (or whitelist facebook.com)
If all else fails …
- Turn off facebook chat.
- Try a different web browser.
- Find a faster internet connection.
- Try facebook on your mobile.
It’s too bad that so many people are having problems with slow facebook.com loading — If you’ve found something that works for you, please tweet me.