Yahoo Mail is a fundamental part of the web for many. Unfortunately, for many, Yahoo Mail is slow to use. “Yahoo Mail is slow” is a top search on many major search engines. Although Yahoo Mail is not the only webmail service with slow speed issues, it is one of the top ones, which makes it all the more frustrating when there are slow load times on Yahoo Mail.
I’ve put together some tips to fix issues when Yahoo Mail is slow:
- Make sure your ‘net connection is fast enough.
- Switch to a more recent version of your web browser. I personally like like Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Delete your temporary internet files, cookies, and disable browser plugins. There are many different ways to do this for different web browsers, you may need to perform an internet search to find instructions for your web browser.
- Decrease the number of mails shown on one page. You can do this via mail settings.
- Use a third party email client, like Sparrow, Thunderbird or Mac Mail.
- Try switching to Basic View.
- Try going through this Yahoo Mail Slowness Checklist.
- If all else has failed, you’ll want to decrease the total space of the items you’ve got stored in your Yahoo Mail Account. Try deleting items with large attachments.
If you’re experiencing Yahoo Mail Slow Load Times, or if you’ve got any tips for increasing Yahoo Mail speediness, leave on twitter.